THE KEY: YOUNG CRITICS MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Welcome to The Key: Young Critics Mentorship Program! Rescripted‘s youth program co-facilitated by Founder of Rescripted Regina Victor, and television and theatre critic Oliver Sava. Our third session of The Key began September 25th, applications for this year are now closed, but you can view this year’s application below. The Key is produced in partnership with Chicago Inclusion Project, and hosted at Steppenwolf Theater Company.
The six sessions for youth ages 18-24 of The Key feature the opportunity to see Chicago theatre, workshop their reviews, learn about the principles of criticism and to learn from guest speakers from different areas of the local arts community.
In its first two sessions, The Key has reviewed productions at: Steppenwolf Theater, Shattered Globe Theatre, First Floor Theater, Firebrand Theatre, Raven Theatre, Victory Gardens, Theater and TimeLine Theatre among others.
Previous Guest Speakers have included:
● Writer/producer Aaron Carter (Steppenwolf Theatre)
● Directors Jonathan Berry (Steep Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre), Tyrone Phillips (Definition Theatre, Raven Theatre) and Harmony France (Firebrand Theatre)
● Playwrights Ike Holter (Jackalope Theatre, Goodman Theatre) and Loy Webb (The New Colony, MCC Theater)
● Actor Caroline Neff (Steppenwolf Theatre ensemble member)
● Editors Tasha Robinson (The Verge) and Genevieve Koski (Vulture) and Kerry Reid (Chicago Reader)
● Theater critics Chris Jones (Chicago Tribune), Kris Vire (Time Out Chicago, Chicago Sun Times), Catey Sullivan (Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Reader) and Sheri Flanders (Chicago Reader, Rescripted).
Left to right: Regina Victor (co-facilitator), Emjoy Gavino (Chicago Inclusion Project), and Oliver Sava (co-facilitator) of The Key.
Session 3 (current):
Alumni Session 2:
Yasmin Zacaria Mikhaiel
Alumni Session 1: